Skip to main content



Young girl

If you or your child do not agree with the decision to:

  • register your child’s name on the Child Protection Register
  • have their name remain on the Register
  • not register their name at all

    you (and your child) have a right to appeal to the Head of Social Work.

    The appeal should be made in writing within FIVE WORKING DAYS. Where necessary, your Social Worker or legal representative can advise and support you with this. You can write to the Head of Social Work at:

    Head of Social Work
    East Dunbartonshire Council
    Social Work Headquarters
    Southbank House
    Strathkelvin Place
    G66 1XQ

    The Head of Social Work should respond fully, in writing, to the person making the appeal WITHIN 28 DAYS.